Tuesday

WEEK 3

At the beginning of this week it was my job to set up a FaceBook account for the event in order for us to communicate with our audience and contestants. For this I have to write a small blurb for the event focusing it towards what would be our audience for Swanage Presents. I then created a Facebook group within the account which would focused at the contestants for the talent show. This means I am able to keep the contestants updated with the latest news and email them with any deadlines such as application hand in deadlines. The advantage of setting up the group is that I am able to send bulk emails out to the contestants rather than all the people on the account i.e the audience and people helping out on the project.
I then liased with Jack Jack and Izzy who are on the team, to add as many people who would be interested in the event. This for them meant recommending the Swanage Presents Facebook to all of their piers at school.
This Facebook page will need to be monitored on a daily basis for new fiends requests and emails.

Another task for this week was to compile quotes from printing companies who would be able to print the flyers and posters. This was due to the media representative from the police being stuck abroad with his flights being cancelled because of the volcanic ash clouds. I was able to contact many printers that I have used in the past and I managed to receive various reasonable quotes from all of these. Later on in the week however I found out that we no longer needed to go to external printers as the our media representative made it back in time for the printing deadline.

Updating the budget was another task for this week. At the start of the week Matt complied a list of quotes for sound engineers and lighting engineers that will be needed on the day. We then discussed which would be the best people to use and their fee was to be added to the budget.

This week I also got the chance at practising how to write a formal contract. I was asked by the team to write a contract between the community centre and the Mowlem theatre. Even though in past lectures I have learnt about contracts and what needs to be involved within them, I still did some research to find out the correct layout and structure of a contract. It had to include the dates of the events, the price agreed and the fact that we would need their technician present on the two days of the event as well as other verbal agreements that were communicated in the past. I then passed this onto Matt to make any alterations needed. This has not yet been sent to the theatre as we are still in negotiation with the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment